cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Macjam1490
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pc wont start. Message says pc needs repair. Boot configuration missing ir error. What to do? Help!

HP Recommended
P6-2376pc
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,511
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Macjam1490,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer not booting. I will be delighted to assist you here.:)

For better clarity, and to assist you correctly, I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a power outage or surge?
  • Did you run hardware diagnostics on the computer?

For now try these steps:

• Please run complete hardware diagnostics on the PC  by following the steps from this option "Run the Extensive Tes(2 hours or more)" from this link: http://hp.care/2i5ZP9D
  •  
  • If diagnostics fail, make a note of the failure code and contact Hp phone support to get the computer serviced.
  • If diagnostics pass, then try performing a system recovery to factory settings from this link: http://hp.care/2i6WRli

• If recovery ails from the recovery partition contact HP phone support to order recovery media and then perform the recovery from the same link mentioned above.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

If the computer is more than 3 years old then service options with HP are no longer available because the original suppliers and manufacturers who manufacture and supply the parts to HP to build and service the computer don't do so anymore.

Please contact a local technician to get the product repaired.

You could still order recovery media though.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation