Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There seems to be a problem with HP Support Assistant. Every time I open it I get a window that says ""Application enabling services currently unavailable"  or try and restart my computer and open it or I have a corrupt installation. If it still does not open then delete the App and reinstall it from HP website. I have reinstalled this four times  already on my computer and three times on my wife's Envy Laptop today and I am getting tired of doing this. Could someone please check in to what is going on with HP Support Assistant. This is suppose to be one of HP premier software for driver updates and troubleshooting but it is failing to live up to that . This did no start until Microsoft Store started sending out an update for it. It would seem the update that MS Store is sending out is corrupting the current HPSA installation.  SFC, DISM and everything else has been done to trouble shoot. The only thing that corrects this is to reinstall it from the HP website over and over.

Regards,

Don

Don
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @DonT54 - Thank you for championing this issue with me on other posts while we resolved this issue. I truly appreciated it.

For those of you who are still struggling with this issue:

1. Right-Click on your Windows Stat Menu and click Apps & Features

2. Scroll down until you find HP Support Assistant

3. Click on Uninstall 

4. A dialog will appear for "Keep Preferences", Click No

5. Close any browser window that may open up.

Note: If you don’t currently have HPSA installed and are seeing that message "A newer version of HPSA is installed" Please proceed with Step #6 below:

6. Go to our HPSA page: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

7. Before you click on download HPSA button, press Ctrl+R button on your keyboard to clear any browser cache. Then click on the download button

8. Once downloaded, open the file and continue clicking Next button and let the installation finish. Once installed successfully, you should see a prompt "HP Support Assistant has been installed successfully"

9. Click on your start menu and type: HP Support Assistant or HPSA icon on Desktop and open the app and it should open normally as before.

-HPSA PM

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You are not alone, I have the same problem and uninstalled HPSA. Now I check the new drivers and programs on my equipments website.

HP Recommended

Today a new updated version appeared on the Microsoft Store (9.6.839.0) that seems to have solved the problem that existed and is working for me completely.
I reinstalled the file sp108770.exe and then the store updated and it seems that it returned to work without problems.

HP Recommended

Hi @DonT54 - Thank you for championing this issue with me on other posts while we resolved this issue. I truly appreciated it.

For those of you who are still struggling with this issue:

1. Right-Click on your Windows Stat Menu and click Apps & Features

2. Scroll down until you find HP Support Assistant

3. Click on Uninstall 

4. A dialog will appear for "Keep Preferences", Click No

5. Close any browser window that may open up.

Note: If you don’t currently have HPSA installed and are seeing that message "A newer version of HPSA is installed" Please proceed with Step #6 below:

6. Go to our HPSA page: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

7. Before you click on download HPSA button, press Ctrl+R button on your keyboard to clear any browser cache. Then click on the download button

8. Once downloaded, open the file and continue clicking Next button and let the installation finish. Once installed successfully, you should see a prompt "HP Support Assistant has been installed successfully"

9. Click on your start menu and type: HP Support Assistant or HPSA icon on Desktop and open the app and it should open normally as before.

-HPSA PM

HP Recommended

You are more than welcome Xavier.

Don
HP Recommended

Good also for me works the sp108770 only

HP Recommended

I tried the suggestions and solutions given.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled and followed all the instructions.  My HP Support Assistant still will not open.  Not sure what else to do.  This is disappointing, since the Support Assistant availability is one of the big selling points for the 9015 All-in-One Printer.

HP Recommended

I have followed all the instructions and have installed HP Support Assistant over and over again. It still will not work for me.. I wish they would get this taken care of. They even had me send my computer back to them, and it still wouldn't work when I got it back.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.