daniluca
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Problems with Desktop PC HP Pavillion 510-p106nl

HP Recommended
Pavillion 510-p106nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I purchased an HP Pavillion fixed PC model pav 510-p106nl in March 2017. After the update "fall creators" done in November 2017, the PC started to give problems, the Start button is not pressed and I can not therefore to shut down the PC regularly. In addition, in some power-ups the PC suddenly switches off, with minimal CPU effort, after I have opened the emails or when I start a video. Personally I think it was that update to give problems to my PC, I tried on some forums, some have the same problem that I can not solve. Right now I do not have a reliable PC since it can switch off from one moment to another or that the Start button can' t be pressed and can't even choose a program.

Waiting for an answer,

Yours sincerely

5 REPLIES 5
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,508
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@daniluca,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that you require assistance with computer shutdowns and apps not working correctly. The start button also does not seem to function correctly It will be a delight to assist you here.

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a recent power outage or surge?
  • Did you run a complete security scan on your computer for Trojans, malware and viruses?

For now, try these steps:

• Please perform a complete hardware diagnostics on the computer from this link: http://hp.care/2uoegKc to eliminate hardware issues with the computer.
  • Please run extensive tests by following instructions from this option “Run the Extensive Test (2 hours or more)”
  • If diagnostics fail, make a note of the failure code for the failed component and contact Hp phone support to get the computer serviced.I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2moMFSc 

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

• If diagnostics pass, then create a new local user account as an administrator by following instructions from here http://hp.care/2umeaTd and check if the issue gets fixed.

• If it continues, then perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2FkQPYx (HP PCs - Computer is Slow)
  • Now check if the issue gets fixed. If it still persists, then backup all your important data and perform a Microsoft push-button reset of Windows 10 from this link: http://hp.care/2toQrBj  and this should do the trick for you.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
daniluca
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DavidSMP

Thanks for your quick reply,
this problem didn't happen after a power failure or surge.
It seems that after the update "fall creators" the PC started to give these problems.
I will try to do what you have suggested, I hope we can solve this problem.

Yours sincerely

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@daniluca,

I have reviewed the post. Thanks for the super quick reply. It is great to have you back. You've displayed amazing technical expertise, immaculate attitude and immense patience to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated. 

Please try these steps and break some good news that is music to your ears and mine. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck and keep me posted. Now trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. You are a valued HP customer and it has been an absolute honor to share this platform with you and a genuine pleasure to work with you.

If this helps, then to simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
daniluca
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DavidSMP

I tried with the first solution, the diagnostics from the link http://hp.care/2uoegKc
I chose the "Run the Extensive Test" option, it took about 2/3 hours.

All diagnostic tests have been successfully completed. :generic:
Now the problems of the sudden shutdown, and the "Start" button, can they show up again?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@daniluca,

I  reviewed this post. You have been simply super by displaying superb troubleshooting competence, Brilliant efforts and an immaculate attitude to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It is also super to hear from you again and your patience is also appreciated greatly.

You nailed it when you stated that the hardware diagnostics passed. This is music to your ears and mine. This means the computer is fully functional. Now trust me I've done all I can to assist you here by keeping your best interest in mind. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you and fabulous working with you. 

I hope things work great for you. Good Luck and Keep me posted.

Please perform the remaining steps from the links posted in my previous post and the issue should get resolved. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation