Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0044
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!  I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago, but due to failed driver installations and Windows 10 updates, I reset Windows last week.  I deleted all my personal files and settings, too.   I had also installed the "HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8433)" before resetting Windows.  Since then, when I have run the HP SysInfoEx or any system info program (Windows 10, Speccy, etc), the "Product Name" says "HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx," instead of 590-p0044.  I have been trying to figure this out on my own and thought maybe it was the drivers not being installed/uninstalled correctly, so last night I ran the Display_Driver_Uninstaller utility by Wagnadsoft for the AMD drivers.  I then reinstalled the original chipset driver and display driver from my HP support page this morning, and it did not change anything.  Also, when I open my Radeon settings and go to System, I see "Memory Type 0."  I think it actually listed the type at one point, but I am not sure if that was before or after I reset Windows.  Please advise if anything is actually going on here or if I should not be worried and just ignore this.

Thank you for your help!

Pam
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I agree with mdklassen's comment regarding the BIOS update changing some minor model number details.

Not sure why windows is reporting 0 memory type though, or what that means.

Did it used to report GDDR5 memory type or something?

And I agree with both Dragon-Fur and mdklassen, that if the PC is working fine, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

If another BIOS update is released, it may fix the minor glitches.

I usually don't update the BIOS' in my PC's unless there is something in the release notes that fixes a serious problem I am having with the PC, or contains an enhancement that I know I want.

I am more circumspect regarding installing BIOS updates, after having to toss a perfectly working PC in the trash after a BIOS update failed many years ago.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@pammywammy

I only found two models in this "44" series - yours and a P0044ur model.

Windows Reset likely wiped out some of the HP factory installed details.  (That is a guess.)

Personally, lack of details notwithstanding, the issue is perhaps a "non-event".

The BIOS loaded, the software and drivers installed, and the computer works as it ought.  (I inferred that the system is operational from your comments.)

After a quick check, I don't find anything in the Guides, Specifications, Advisories, or Bulletins that makes this sound like a problem.

I might have missed something - it happens.

@Huffer , @Paul_Tikkanen

How (if possible) to regain system details after a Windows 10 Reset?

Member mentioned Chipset - I assume other drivers are installed.

Order of events?

Thanks!

Reference

Device Homepage

Drivers / Software and BIOS, Videos, Advisories, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

3LA79AA - HP Pavilion 590-p0044

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

> How (if possible) to regain system details after a Windows 10 Reset?

What details are you wanting to see?

I think that the motherboard semi-PERMANENTLY contains the basic information that one sees within BIOS SETUP, independent of the installed operating system (Linux? Windows? FreeDOS?).

I presume that a BIOS update can change some of those "details", such as the version-ID of the installed BIOS.

Who's to say that an update cannot change '0nnn' or '0444' to the more-generic '0XXX' ?

Maybe, the HP software engineer "merged" multiple sets of BIOS programming, to produce the '0XXX' release that supports two slightly-different motherboards.

If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard-enough.  ... Red Green

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I agree with mdklassen's comment regarding the BIOS update changing some minor model number details.

Not sure why windows is reporting 0 memory type though, or what that means.

Did it used to report GDDR5 memory type or something?

And I agree with both Dragon-Fur and mdklassen, that if the PC is working fine, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

If another BIOS update is released, it may fix the minor glitches.

I usually don't update the BIOS' in my PC's unless there is something in the release notes that fixes a serious problem I am having with the PC, or contains an enhancement that I know I want.

I am more circumspect regarding installing BIOS updates, after having to toss a perfectly working PC in the trash after a BIOS update failed many years ago.

HP Recommended
Thank you all very much! You have put me at ease. Yes the computer is running beautifully! Thank you again for your help!!!
Pam
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.