Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Desktop LVAS33K
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

I just purchased an HP Desktop LVAS33K few days ago from Walmart, when I got home to set everything up, the Retail Admin still had everything locked, they are system admin. how can I get this fixed without having to go back to the store or would it be best to go back to Walmart?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
Don't you have the pre-installation to do?
If the computer is new, when you start it for the first time, you have an installation process!
After configuring the computer, answering a few questions etc, it should be as you decided, therefore with an account where you are the administrator / users!
Unless it has nothing to do with it, you shouldn't have any problems!
So something is not logical, if you are blocked, because the seller would be the administrator, he would have installed the computer for him.
This gives a doubt, on the provenance and if it is new, right?
So if it does, better to return it indeed!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
Don't you have the pre-installation to do?
If the computer is new, when you start it for the first time, you have an installation process!
After configuring the computer, answering a few questions etc, it should be as you decided, therefore with an account where you are the administrator / users!
Unless it has nothing to do with it, you shouldn't have any problems!
So something is not logical, if you are blocked, because the seller would be the administrator, he would have installed the computer for him.
This gives a doubt, on the provenance and if it is new, right?
So if it does, better to return it indeed!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@RhaysharL 

What @Prométhée is telling you is dead-on for a NEW, unused PC -- but from your comments, I suspect this was a Display Model, right?  If so, Walmart already had done the initial setup and created an Admin account they could use for it.

They really should NOT sell these to the public for this very reason!

If it was a display model, you should return it -- but they probably will NOT replace it with a new one unless you pay them more money, maybe a LOT more money -- because they discount the display models since they are used PCs.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you so much, I am actually at Walmart right now and one of the workers from electronics said the same thing “the cashier should not have sold that to you”. So the electronic la expert called this guy Patrick and he pretty much has to reset it which it is at 30% right now. Everything was free thank goodness. So I’ll be able to take it home and finally register as the admin. 

thank you 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.