Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have noticed that in the past several months that all the  HP Updates are now being delivered in the Win 10 Updates in the Win 10 Settings. These updates include drivers, firmware, Bios updates etc. etc. and most are being offered as Optional Updates. I have not seen any HP Updates offered in the HP Support Assistant in a while now as the updates are coming through with Microsoft updates. HP Support Assistant is now starting to have problems itself. See this discussion https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Problem-Opening-HP-Support-Assis...  and several others about this.

My questions are as follows.......Is HP no longer offering anymore updates via the HP Support Assistant and will they now be offered in Win 10 Updates. If they are being offered in Win 10 Updates  now it would be nice to know what each update is for like we use to see in the Support Assistant.  Now is HP going to phase out the Support Assistant or redesign it to something else? Right now the Support Assistant is useless now that the updates are no longer coming  there and all the troubleshooting can be done in Win 10. If the updates are no longer offered in HPSA then I might as well uninstall it and be done with it. This was a nice App to have and it is a shame to see it screwing up and not used for what it was designed for.

Regards,

Don

Don
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DonT54

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are not getting any updates in the HP support assistant.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that the HP support assistant is not phased out and it will continue to be there to provide HP drivers and software updates.

You will also be getting driver updates in the Windows operating system and these updates are from Windows and Windows usually picks up these updates from the hardware manufacturer websites.

As you have mentioned that you are not getting any updates on HP support assistant, I recommend you uninstall HP support assistant and then download and install it from the below link and test.

http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/pl...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DonT54

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are not getting any updates in the HP support assistant.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that the HP support assistant is not phased out and it will continue to be there to provide HP drivers and software updates.

You will also be getting driver updates in the Windows operating system and these updates are from Windows and Windows usually picks up these updates from the hardware manufacturer websites.

As you have mentioned that you are not getting any updates on HP support assistant, I recommend you uninstall HP support assistant and then download and install it from the below link and test.

http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/pl...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.