Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm looking for the relevant .exe file to update the bios on an unsupported HP pavilion slimline s5202uk.

I'm trying to install a new compatible cpu but it isnt booting. My bios is still at 5.04

There is no option to flash within the bios itself.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello
what are you trying to install?
Check if it is this motherboard model.

https://www.support.hp.com/bg-en/product/hp-pavilion-slimline-s5200-desktop-pc-series/3999463/docume...

Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
Socket type: AM3
TDP: 95 watt
  • AMD Phenom II X4 9xx/9xxe/8xx Quad-Core (Deneb)
  • AMD Phenom II X3 7xx/7xxe Triple-Core (Heka)
  • AMD Phenom II X2 5xx (Callisto)
  • AMD II Athlon X4 6xx/6xxe (Propus)
  • AMD II Athlon X3 4xx/4xxe (Rana)
  • AMD II Athlon X2 2xx/2xxe (Regor)
  • AMD Sempron 1xx (Sargas)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes its a M2N68-LA (Narra6)

I had found this.

cpu is an AMD Athlon II x4 645.

HP Recommended

this processor is therefore in the list ...
Does it work well with another?
what processor is second hand i guess?
I can try to find an update, but nothing says that will fix this, and it could make the situation worse, if it goes wrong

Got an error message or nothing at all?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, you may well be right.

I guessed it was either a faulty cpu or lack of bios update. 

I will try to find another socket to test it in.

If it is working, will I ever find the relevant exe file?

HP Recommended

With a little luck we can find an update if the motherboard is available for another model still available here on the HP site
otherwise, it will be necessary to search on external site, but it can be very risky.
A bios, available even on the HP site, is not without risk, so elsewhere ...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Yes,

I did find some supported models with the  same board. There was a bios update called 2A99 motherboard bios update, ver 6.14, file name sp52418. exe

I tried it, but got the message: "incorrect bios for your system (253)"

I will endeavour to test the cpu

HP Recommended

Test the CPu if possible
if it works come back, and i will help you find the bios if possible
There are different variations of this model, maybe that's why

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thankyou. 

It is a very old machine, but with a new ssd it is working fine for everyday use.

With a better cpu it might even avoid landfill for another year or so. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.