Intern
146 5 0 3
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Reset Password in Windows 7

Compaq wih Windows 7 on it.

I bought a PC from a friend of mind. He had a password on it, and I need to reset the "Pasword".

He moved out of town. I can't get hold of him. So, how can I reset it. Help

3 REPLIES 3
Dean Dean
Dean
8753 8626 803 2469
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Would you list the model of Compaq you have please?

There are all kinds of tutorials on how to do this if you Google it.

The easiest way to reset your user account password for Windows at this point is to create whats called a Live CD (or USB stick).

Then you would boot into this Live CD and follow the instructions to reset the password.

You will need access to another computer and download the software to create the Live CD.

There are several Linux based programs that do this but I like Lazesoft.
I learned of Lazesoft Recover My Password through watching Britec09 who does tech tutorials on Youtube. 

Lazesoft makes the process easy and you wont need to know command prompts.
The downloaded software will also setup and install to a CD or usb without you having to install anything extra. Just follow the prompts. The best part is it has a free edition just for removing the password.

Go to this link to read about it.
How to burn the Windows password recovery CD.
How to reset your forgotten password.

Not knowing what computer you have,  I would guess tapping the F9 key at startup will get you to the boot option screen to boot from your new Live CD or USB.

If you need further help, let me know.

Dean Dean
Dean
8753 8626 803 2469
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Glad it worked out and thank you for the Kudos. :robothappy:

0 Kudos
MarkJohn404 Top Student
Top Student
8 8 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

When i faced this Forgot Windows 7 Password issue, i asked may people that - “I forgot my Windows 7 password and I am locked out of my computer, what can I do?” not never got a perfect solution for me.

Finally this guide (How to Reset Windows 7 Password If You Forget It?) helped me to reset forgotten Windows 7 password. I followed the third method which is Cracking Windows 7 Password using Windows 7 Default Administrator Account:

• First of all, start Windows 7 in safe mode by pressing F8 key while system boot.
  • Select Safe Mode with command prompt From the Advanced Boot Options and hit the Enter key.
  • Now choose the administrator account and then open command prompt.
  • Once command prompt is opened, enter “net user Mosoh 123456” then press Enter key.
  • You will see a message saying “The command completed successfully”.
  • Finally reboot your Windows 7 system and then you can login with the username as Mosoh and password 123456.
  • That's it.

Alternatively,

you can also take help of System Repair Disc and Password Reset Disk.

I hope this trick will help you.
thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation