Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flamingo2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Resolution

HP Recommended

My nephews pressed some random stuff on the keyboard and now my resolution is all out of wack. I tried changing it in settings but that doesn't work, neither does anything in the control panel. What can I do to get the resolution on my computer back to normal? I have a HP Pavilion p6654y monitor by the way with Windows 10.

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,727 830 1,553
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Flamingo2

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion p6654y Desktop PC with Win10. I read that the display resolution is not good after your nephew pressed some keys. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

Let us uninstall the display drivers and restart the PC. The following steps will help:

NOTE: This PC originally came with Win7, therefore there are no updated display drivers for Win10.

• Open the device manager
  • Expand "Display drivers". Right click on the display drivers listed there and select uninstall.
  • Close the device manager once the display drivers are uninstalled.
  • Restart the PC. While restarting, Windows should install the inbuilt display drivers. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation