Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Paul

Wanted to ask, if it's ok to overwrigth the driver installed in win10 automaticly. Cause I install the driver mentioned in the post I got the warning.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Stefano

HP Recommended

Hi EHG

Did you find any answer to this post, cause I've the same problem.

Thans for your reply.

HP Recommended

I run the Sp72212.exe

it will create a folder under c-swsetup.

then I run "RSTe_4.3.0.1198_Install.exe" in that folder. I mean c-swsetp-sp72212 folder.

now on device manager it does not give any error message.

when you make control on device manager over storage controllers

below screenshot is seen..

do it like that.sas.png

HP Recommended

Hi

Your suggestion worked as it should.

Thank you.

Best

salvedum

HP Recommended

This method does NOT resolve the issue I brought up on 9/12/2018: running the installer this way I still get prompted with the warning that the newer version (15.44.0.1010) will be overwritten if you proceed with the install.  Just to confirm, I ran the installer (after making an image backup of my system!) and saw that the older version is now installed.

If you check the driver properties on either the SAS RAID or SATA RAID devices in the screenshot that Terekeme posted, you will see that they now show V4.3.0.1198 from 5/21/2015.  Prior to running the install you should have a SATA RAID driver V15.44.0.1010 from 2/07/2018.

Anyone else found a better solution to this issue?

HP Recommended

for Windows 10, HP did not resolve the problem I think for HP Z 820s.

Normally as you said when we install, it is saying that "you have newer version". But this is still causing missing driver issue on device manager.

it had better to work with newest driver as you said.

Perhaps someone else will find the solution  to us.

Best Regards.

HP Recommended

is this may be because of BIOS version do you think?

HP Recommended

Missing sas controller also  on my Z820 and any time I install the HP driver it messes up my monitor configuration...Also installed my OS via USB and now my DVD drive is not showing up in my device manager or in My computer. It is showing up in my bios. tried changing cables and still no luck. First time i did my install I used a dvd and all was good but it was version 1903still no sas driverstill no sas drivertried installing every driver provided by hp for this modeltried installing every driver provided by hp for this model so when windows updated it screwed up my monitor configuration... Then could not get updates to work. Really scared to use any drivers from HP. The more I use HP drivers the more screwed up my system becomes. Here are my system specs 

• (x2) Intel Xeon E5-2687W Processors 
  • (x2) Liquid Cooling Heat-sinks
  • 32GB 12800R RDDR3 1600MHz RAM
  • Nvidia Quadro 5000 Graphics Card 
  • 600GB (2 x 300GB) 15K SAS HD
  • 1125w Power Supply        
AnonWatch
HP Recommended

I run the Sp72212.exe

and the problem has gone.

Read my post above threads?

may be you solve also...

HP Recommended

Have been trying to resolve this issue for so long ...So happy that i have got it fixed now. Only issue left is getting the quadro 5000 to see two monitors properly

AnonWatch
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.