Srods
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Sata control driver download hp pavillion, no drivers found in installation

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion p6210y ny546aa#aba
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hello I'm having issues doing a fresh install of Windows 7 home premium , BIOS is not detecting my hard drive at all. I read somewhere on a post that I need to install my sata control driver but I have no idea where to get this from can you please help me? I've been searching online myself for the download but have had no luck. I can't get past the screen where it says where do I want to install windows but i get nothing on that page no drives, no partitions, i accidently deleted my hard drive about 1 month ago by accident, i dud diskpart, list disk , select disk, erase all, and then I get an error message says no drivers were found,I've b.een trying to install windows and I can't do it because it it doesn't let me, help please i neex 2 solve my issue.
5 REPLIES 5
Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 27,535 1,811 5,051
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If the BIOS is not detecting your hard drive then you have a hardware issue.

Replace the CMOS battery and if that doesn't work and the HD is still not detected in the BIOS then try a new non-advanced format hard drive.  Remotely you might have a power issue, cable issue or another SATA device that might cause the hard drive to be not recognized in the BIOS.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Srods
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi but my hardware with my c drive and recovery partition, I deleted them actually not intentionally but I was trying to fix my pc cause the c:drive would occasionally disapear, and wouldn't show up, I would then disconnect the pc power supply for like 2 days when I rebooted everything would be fine, but then I read about diskpart, n how to do a fresh install of eindows so thats what i did i erased everything from my hard drive to do a fresh install of windows 7 but it didnt go as smoothly as i would of liked, now I don't have no partition on my hard drive and need to create it in order to install Windows 7, So do u stop think it's the cmos battery? Or can anyone please help me on how to create a brand new partition to install Windows 7 on please
0 Kudos
Big_Dave
Level 15
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The custom install process with W7 will allow you to delete existing partitions, format the HD and create the new partitions for the W7 installation. This will clean off the entire HD of all data and partitions.

CMOS batteries are cheap.  I have seen them as low as 2 for $5.

If your PC came with W7 then why not use the original HP recovery disks? You did make the recovery disks, right?

Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Srods
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
That's the bad part , I actually didn't make no recovery disc for my pc, but I'm ok with reinstalling installation wind 7 on my pc but it won't let me says error no drivers were found it also has no were 2 install wind 7 cause I deleted my hard drive with all the files. So now the only way for me to boot is from spoutmau . Do u think it's my cmos battery that's causing my problem? Why is it I can't reinstall wind from a installation cd? I tried 2 download a original is from Microsoft windows site but it says my product key was pre installed by the manufactorer and for me to contact them for a installation of wind 7 , I noticed that hp isn't great on customer service I've tried to explain my situation but since I'm not covered under warranty still they don't even try to help. That's why I'm seeking help for the community instead. ;( so I need to buy a set of installation cds in order 2 get my pc running again ?? This is crazy going through hoops. ..
0 Kudos
Big_Dave
Level 15
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can try the below site for HP recovery disks.

HP older PC recovery disks.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation