pilotboy
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Screeen on my Paviolion Elite 9550 Dims

HP Recommended
Pavilion Elite 9550
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My screen seems to dim automatically and for the liffe of me and HP support, I can't figure out hpw to make it quit.
I've - 
Looked at the power settings
Looked at any screen related sertting I could find.
Asked HO, they said it wasn't there problem and referred me to Microsoft.
Asked Microsoft who said it wasn't theirt issue and referfred me to HP.

I need to ask the rfteral peeps here about what I might try to solve this, not the support trolls.

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,758 32,658 2,973 7,300
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pilotboy 

I'm just one of the Volunteers here, so I guess that makes me neither a "support troll", nor a "referral peep" -- but I will suggest something you can check that you did not mention specifically ...

• Some PCs can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions. To find out if your PC supports this, in Display settings, under Brightness and color, look for the Change brightness automatically when lighting changes check box, and then select it to use this feature. This automatic setting helps make sure your screen is readable wherever you go. Even if you use it, you can still move the Change brightness slider to fine-tune the brightness level.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
pilotboy
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response.
Thats one of the forst things I checked but didn't post largely due to my frustration with HP Support and Microsoft support.
I will check it again to be sure thoiugh.
THANKS!!!

-Jim 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation