Bill_1944
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Security Bulletin - Jan 30 2018 - Expired Email Link

HP Recommended
Pavilion 23 - p027c
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

I received an email on 2/8/2018 about the Critical  Security Bulletin - Jan 30 2018 - HPSBHF03578 rev. 1 - Intel Graphics Driver - Pointer Dereference / Type Confusion in HECI Service (c05917813).

I followed the email link several times. However an updated driver for my PC was always listed as being in the March 2018 release but there was never a link to the driver update. Links for other model were added as time progressed but never one for the all-in-ones.

The email link has expired. I can no longer locate the web page that contained links to the updates. There is no reference to the new driver for my PC in any of the automated HP support tools. Searching for the reference numbers on the HP site shows no results.

How can I get a link to the updated driver or get notification when the driver is available?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 666
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bill_1944

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that you are in need of support.

Please use this link: https://hp.care/2DPIKHl and look for your PC in the list and update the BIOS.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Bill_1944
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you RAJ 1788 for the quick reply.

The link you supplied is for a BIOS update for my All-in-One PC. I asked about the Intel Graphics Driver update. I believe the expired link I mentioned was to updated drivers not the BIOS. The update numbers are different: Your link is to HPSBHF03573 rev. 13 - Side-Channel Analysis Method My link is to HPSBHF03578 rev. 1 - Intel Graphics Driver - Pointer Dereference / Type Confusion in HECI

Question 1.  When I ran the local HP Support Assistant (updated yesterday) it did not list the BIOS update referred to in your link. In fact it did not suggest any BIOS or other updates though several are available. Why is this critical update not shown by the Support Assistant? How can I determine which updates are needed, since some apply to features I do not believe I have on my PC, if the HP Support Assistant is not reliable?

Question 2. The link in the expired email does not indicate the fix is a BIOS update. Is there a link to the HPSBHF03578 rev. 1 - Intel Graphics Driver - Pointer Dereference / Type Confusion in HECI Service update so I can find it when it is released or update my PC now if the update is available?

Question 3. Several years ago I installed a Samsung Solid State Disk. Will this affect any of the updates?

I realize I may need more than one update.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,508
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bill_1944,

I read and reviewed the post. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation