Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Slim Desktop 290-a0046
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Could not  print sheet 3 of 4 sheets ,  in print box -pages option "ALL and Custom" appear, however Custom shows eg: 1-5,8,11-13 it will not accept that, comes back with "out of bounds limit is 1" which is not a workable solution.  Warranty good till FEB 2021 but cannot seem to get anyplace with help. Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@stajo 

OK, I found an old thread with this same issue, and this is what they said:

The out of bounds notification shows where elements on your page will be outside the standard width of the screen on a mobile device or desktop. It might only be a pixel or two, but if elements are outside the width of the screen, the browser will show a horizontal scrollbar.

So basically, it's a SIZING problem as the printer is trying to print an image outside the limits of the print area.  If you try resizing the print (like fit-to-page) that might help.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@stajo 

The expression you are entering appears too complex for the print routine to handle.

What you would need to do perform different print requests, each for one page, or a set of adjacent pages. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, However I have been printing any number of pages out of a group of pages for many years and this new PC is the first time this has occurred. I do trusts and I have often printed them by selecting any number , individual or group of pages. It is not feasible for me to pick every individual page one at a time, nor workable .

When you hit custom you should be able to pick any number just as the prompt indicates however it does as I say says "out of bounds limit 1"

HP Recommended

@stajo 

OK, I found an old thread with this same issue, and this is what they said:

The out of bounds notification shows where elements on your page will be outside the standard width of the screen on a mobile device or desktop. It might only be a pixel or two, but if elements are outside the width of the screen, the browser will show a horizontal scrollbar.

So basically, it's a SIZING problem as the printer is trying to print an image outside the limits of the print area.  If you try resizing the print (like fit-to-page) that might help.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the lead, I will revisit the pages that I was working on.

Until then I will mark as solved and thank you for all your effort

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.