Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 25L Gaming Desktop PC GT15-0000i RCTO Base Models (LaprasI)

Hello, I installed a 2TB Western Digital SSD and cloned everything from the WDF SSD 256GB that came with the computer. Should I erase the data on the 256GB SSD and if so, how should I do it? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Bayernman 

It is up to you: what are you going to do with it. In my case I simply turn it to an external HDD or keep it for back up which allow to go back to original any time. Finally I can simply hit it with hammer and put it to a bin.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply Banhien. Well, the smaller SSD is also installed inside my dekstop so now both M.2 SSD's have identical information on them. I would like to erase the smalled (256GB) SSD. Does it have any effect on performance? Does the HP Omen 25L Dorado motherboard have erase capability or do I need an outside program? Thanks.

Kind regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.