Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
B3F79A#ABA (Pavillion Desktop)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to determine if my computer specs meet the system requirements for a Software Program. The program is Corel PaintShop Pro X7. They have been of no help at all. Following are the Requirements:

PaintShop Pro X7 - System Requirements

The System Requirements for PaintShop Pro X7 are:

• Microsoft Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP with latest service packs installed (32-bit or 64-bit editions)
  • Intel or AMD 1.5 Ghz processor with SSE2 supported (multi-core processer recommended)
  • 2 GB RAM (4 GB or higher recommended)
  • 1 GB hard disk space (2 GB recommended)
  • 1024 x 768 resolution with 16-bit color display (1366 x 768 resolution with 24-bit or higher color display recommended)
  • DirectX 9 or higher compatible audio card with latest driver
  • Internet connection required for online features and tutorial videos
  • Windows compatible CD/DVD drive for installation

My system is as follows:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model B3F79AV#ABA
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G860 @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date AMI 7.06, 6/7/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\windows
System Directory C:\windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Desktop\John
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.89 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.84 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.78 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.08 GB
Page File Space 3.89 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Can anyone tell me if my computer meets the requirement? I really would appreciate the help since I just do not have the knowledge to figure this out for myself.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, your PC meets all of the software requirements...

• Microsoft Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP with latest service packs installed (32-bit or 64-bit editions)  Your PC came with W7 64 Bit
  • Intel or AMD 1.5 Ghz processor with SSE2 supported (multi-core processer recommended) The Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G860 @ 3.00GHz your PC has, exceeds this requirement.
  • 2 GB RAM (4 GB or higher recommended)  Your PC has the recommended 4 GB of physical memory.
  • 1 GB hard disk space (2 GB recommended) Your PC has at least a 500 GB hard drive, which far exceeds the requirement.
  • 1024 x 768 resolution with 16-bit color display (1366 x 768 resolution with 24-bit or higher color display recommended)  Your PC meets or exceeds this requirement based on the monitor you have.
  • DirectX 9 or higher compatible audio card with latest driver.  The onboard Intel graphics is DirectX10.1
  • Internet connection required for online features and tutorial videos. Your PC has a gigabit ethernet connection.
  • Windows compatible CD/DVD drive for installation.  I assume you know if your PC has a DVD drive or not.  Your model had options for different configurations.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, your PC meets all of the software requirements...

• Microsoft Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP with latest service packs installed (32-bit or 64-bit editions)  Your PC came with W7 64 Bit
  • Intel or AMD 1.5 Ghz processor with SSE2 supported (multi-core processer recommended) The Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G860 @ 3.00GHz your PC has, exceeds this requirement.
  • 2 GB RAM (4 GB or higher recommended)  Your PC has the recommended 4 GB of physical memory.
  • 1 GB hard disk space (2 GB recommended) Your PC has at least a 500 GB hard drive, which far exceeds the requirement.
  • 1024 x 768 resolution with 16-bit color display (1366 x 768 resolution with 24-bit or higher color display recommended)  Your PC meets or exceeds this requirement based on the monitor you have.
  • DirectX 9 or higher compatible audio card with latest driver.  The onboard Intel graphics is DirectX10.1
  • Internet connection required for online features and tutorial videos. Your PC has a gigabit ethernet connection.
  • Windows compatible CD/DVD drive for installation.  I assume you know if your PC has a DVD drive or not.  Your model had options for different configurations.
HP Recommended

Paul,

Many thanks. It took you just a few minutes to answer; Corel is still trying! I appreciate the help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Your available physical memory appears to be low for a 4 GB PC if you don't have any programs executing.  You might want to look into that as a possible issue. You could improve your available memory my adding a discrete graphics card and/or more memory.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanks. I had other programs running, and should have shut them down. Nevertheless, I am sure you are right about upgrading the graphics card and adding memory. I appreciate the response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.