NO-COMPUTE_63
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

TV Driver for Pavilion 64-bit Windows 7

HP Recommended
Pavilion 500 H6U69AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Bought MTV box external TV tuner and triple checked correct connetions.   Opened Windows Media Center instructions.  TASK was performed.  SETTINGS sez;  Tuner Not Found.   Do I need HP TV Driver(s) and HP TV Software(s) for my HP

Pavilion 500 Series 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium computer?   Do I need these HP products first before I can

configurer the external tv tuner with the Windows Media Center operations?   I cannot progress to the select TV and

then to the Set Up TV Signal processes.  Please respond ASAP HP Support!  Thank You!

6 REPLIES 6
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,841 10,837 1,009 3,052
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was not able to find a manual for that device but from the info contained on the box and the connection diagrams, I do not see how that device could integrate with Windows Media Center.  IMHO that is a standalone device to watch TV on a monitor or another viewing device.  It also appears to be for analog TV signals and most broadcast TV in the USA is digital now.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
NO-COMPUTE_63
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Mr. TheOldMan about my MTV box being analog.  Can you direct/recommend  me to where I can find the HP

TV TUNER Driver(s) and the HP TV Software(s) that I can download/add to my HP Pavilion-500 series-64-bit-Windows 7

computer.  That is compatiable/configuration accessible to the Windows Media Center console housed in my HP Pavilion.

The MTV box cost only $22.  I won't  buy a Hauppage or any other digital tv tuners that cost $50 and up!  Not for this five

(5) year old or older refurbished HP Pavilion-500 series-64-bit-Windows 7 computer!  Do you have any reasonable

solutions Mr. TheOldMan!!

0 Kudos
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The reason for the drivers would be that a TV tuner device was present in the PC.  Without the Hauppauge or some other manufacturer's device actually installed, it will not make any difference if the drivers are loaded or not.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!

0 Kudos
NO-COMPUTE_63
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MTV box External Digitial TV Tuner.PNGLook!!  Mr. TheOldMan...This is what I want to have configured/connected to my HP Pavilion-500 Series-Desktop Computer via Windows Media Center-Windows 7 Professional or Home Premium.  Refurbish 2006 Hewlett Packard Pavilion.  Purchased October 2016.

0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,635 1,774 5,014
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NO-COMPUTE_63,

Maybe it's beyond your understanding?   Here is a link to how you install it.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry that I have not replied earlier.  I must have missed the notification that you replied. 

As I suspected, that device is not meant to interface with a computer, other than accommodate a passthrough VGA signal for the monitor.  Which in turn allows the user to use the same viewing device for both the PC and this device.  It will not integrate with Media Center as the PC has no connection internally for the TV signal.  An internal TV tuner card is needed for that to work.  Perhaps a USB tuner will work with Media Center also, but I have not tried that before.

Sorry, but that device is not going to do what you thought.

I'm not an HP employee.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation