Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6500A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following links from here, I installed the ReadIRIS OCR software.  I sent this question to their tech support two days ago, and have not gotten a reply.  I searched, but I don't see where they have a forum.  I'm hoping someone here can help me directly, or point me to an active place to post this question.

I'm scanning a report, produced originally in Word, in a simple table format.  The actual OCR is reasonably accurate.  I have no issue with that.  The problem is, in the middle column of the table, the block of text does not get recognized as a single paragraph.  Instead, it splits each line into its own sub-cell of the table.  This happens whether I save the output to Word or Excel.

In the Output settings, Layout tab, I have tried all three settings, Create body text, Maintain word and paragraph formatting, and recreate source document. Under the Options tab, I have checked Merge lines into paragraphs.

I don't know where else to look.  I haven't been able to alter the behavior, yet.

Does anyone know what option I need to change?  Or, can you point me at a better forum to ask this question?

I have bumped the tech support ticket.  But, since we haven't heard anything thus far, I'm starting to get pessimistic.

Thanks,

Drake Christensen

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MightyDrake

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 6500 printer. I getting issues while scanning and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting, I appreciate that and like to help further.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• How is the printer connected to the computer, wireless or with USB?
  • When did this issue start?

Meanwhile:

• Reinstall the printer driver.
  • Use HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Click here and perform step 2 and 3 in this link.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm afraid the questions you've asked and the suggestions you've made do not address the issue, at all.  This is not a driver, issue nor a connection issue.  The actual scanning process is working great.  This is entirely a ReadIRIS issue.

I'll be thorough and answer your questions, anyway.

The printer is connected via Ethernet.

The issue first started with my first test OCR attempts with ReadIRIS.  I just installed the software, and this is the first time I've used it.

To reiterate, the reason I'm here is because I followed links from HP to ReadIRIS as the recommended OCR solution.  Tech support there has been slow to get back with us.  I was hoping that either someone here had already solved this issue, or had a suggestion for an appropriate forum.  Or, that HP would be able to prompt a response from them.

Drake

HP Recommended

@MightyDrake

Thanks for the reply.

I made a research on this issue.

Yes, as you said it is IRIS software issue.

I request you to contact IRIS Tech Support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.