Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a hp (of course) and I went to the trouble shoot option and did a factory reset and after It finished it wouldn't boot up at all so I went back to trouble shoot and fixed the problem by having the system check if their was a problem and now my computer starts up and isn't in a boot loop but now when I try to sign in it usually takes about 1-20 min and sometimes never signs in and even when I do sign in my account the screen is just black with a cursor I tried doing things in task manager like YouTube vids said but none were about my specific problem, yeah when it signs in it's a black screen and rarely when the black screen goes away and my desktop is shown literally none of the apps or things I'm supposed  to be able to click are clickable, not even when I click the windows key on the left of alt nothing opens up, I really want to use my hp again, I'm not sure why the factory reset messed up the computer but I'm sure there is someway of fixing this problem , please respond and thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Verzus

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that the computer is not functioning correctly and stuck in boot loop after the system factory reset, You’ve done an excellent job on diagnosing the issue.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • What is the operating system?
  • Have you updated the system after factory reset?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.