cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samscott2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Tower prod. the last & current Bios update - direct from HP d/l won't install - re Flash dr., Bin F

HP Recommended
HP Compaq D/Top - 6200 Pro MT PC. 8yrs. old updated
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Last 2 direct from HP & Supp. Assnt.  Both BIOS d/l ok, current SP-File won't install, re Flash Dr. process.  Says missing Bin file - ok.  But, my Bios File is corrupted.  Win. 7 Pro. d/top 8 yrs old or so.   Otherwise my PC is wkg. ok.  NO I didn't need to recover the Bios, bec. the new one, & the earlier [1]  that's [2]  - right.  D/L ok, but won't install.  I have the former one SP file, still in d.loads, but can't even locate the current SP file of to-day...05/23/2019.   I didn't attempt to recover, by way of the Bios using Recovery Key operations, no need to if the D/Top is wkg. ok/

Yes it's/they are from the reg. HP website, I have several HP products - right.

I don't wish to try 'any recovery' from last known Bios.  As all appears WELL.

Except 'if'  HP is recommending a BIOS update, on a moderately old HP-D/top, I  LISTEN - right.  And try to follow instructions, but to no avail.

Of course I DK  -   if the H.Disk partition of/for the reg.  BIOS is jeopardized, I  SUSPECT  NOT.

I writing from my 14 yr. old,  but like  new eh, here from  Canada,  samscott - mostly it is 99% ok, reg. Msft. 7 - O/S.

casually used - never had a Bios request HP - update notes.

I am carring on with both PC - until next Jan/2020...as Msft. will no longer, you know be srvcg. that O/S, so my NEED's will change, towards newer PC's - HP, but not just  yet, for then Win - 10.

So what do I do, known prev. as samscott - good neighbour eh, now samscott2 - his nemises, cldn't.. get in there, here for many years.

Help is appreciated, kudos too, just a young fellow, 80+++..wow eh. 

Signed:  Sammy - a TO. M. Leaf's big FAN'   

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation