ForumUser82
5 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Tune-ups

HP Recommended
hewlett-packard p6754y
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I used to get a message in the lower left hand corner of my screen telling me that a tune-up will be begining in "x" minutes, but I haven't seen it for quite some time now.  Can anyone tell me why it would stop?

3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,031 24,682 2,884 10,679
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ForumUser82, welcome back to the forum.

I am not certain which app you would be using for Tune-ups, but I don't believe that you are getting much benefit from it.  I suggest defragmenting your hard drive periodically and use the Windows Cleanup app.  This will keep your computer running nicely.  Any attempt to tweak any of the other components using software is not normally successful.  If you want to continue doing the tune-ups, there are several FREE apps on the Internet that you can use.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
ForumUser82
Author
5 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was asking why the automatic tune-ups provided by HP would have stopped. I know how to defrag and clean-up with other services, and have been doing that.

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,031 24,682 2,884 10,679
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @ForumUser82.

This function is performed by HP Support Assistant.  It has been upgraded to a new version.  You should go to the link that I provided and install the latest version.  Then, follow the instructions.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation