ajj47
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

UEFI System Diagnostic

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700-200 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

While I was online A message page came up stating 'We have encoutered an error and computer need to restart to collect more information to diagnose this problem', simular to that.I closed and saed all and restart my PC.When restarted then Auto Repair came up and was repairing,whatever it was,after finishing it restarted my PC and all was normal as before. Two days later it happened again with same message to restart.Maybe I should've just restarted,but instead I went to PC property into boot tab and checked the box with 'diagnose with restart' then I closed everthing and restarted.The PC, after restart, just went into black screen,five minutes later a blue box came up with no option but to press F2 which it brought System UEFI Diagnostic Test.To make this short,I did 4-5 tests and came out with "Hard Disk Fail few times and Software Fail twice with codes   ERROR CODE 608JMA-76X8SH-WPYV7G=61XV03 and 608JMA-76X8SH-WPTV7G-60F503.I went to HP Support and reported both codes but both codes reply was a page with about 10 solutions but only 2 were similar to my problems.After checking both solutions,both brought me back to 'UEFI Diagnostic Test' which it was rinxe and repeat with NONE real solutions..This is second Hp in 5 years with same problems and when purchased, (both) had no HP recovery Disk in box..Any HELP Please? Or is this (3 year old PC) dead too?I am not aa tech savvy but I do keep my PC clean with low volume in main deive and use 2 external drives (8TB) for storage.

2 REPLIES 2
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 272 397
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ajj47,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

This seems to be hard drive failure. I would request you contact our phone support for service options.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

0 Kudos
ajj47
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This must be a joke right??A multi million$ company has no email address for C/S..No LIVE CHAT..Lucky if one get phone number to call,then person waits, waits and waits then finally get a person to talk with BUT, I can't understand what they are saying abd repeatedly having to please repeat because I can not understand  what you are saying due to very bad accent (no sarcasm intended).And then I have to "PAY" to talk to C/S??The HELP support page is a JOKE bacause I have to do all steps I took before to Diagnose for same errors and HP don't give ANY SOLUTIONS!!! I should have learned my mistake of buying second HP after the first one died on me and could not get help from HP C/S..I,and 100's of people I know, WILL NEVER EVER BUY HP PRODUCT AGAIN..If I can get it fixed on my own,which won't last long after fixing, I will use it for few weeks and JUNK IT like the last one..The way I, like 1000's of other, see it, HP don't give a .... about their customers but to make all the money they can out of them and forget them..Like last HP I had,I encountered a problem so I called in,the rep wanted to inter my PC through remote and (dumb ass me) I let him.In the midst of what he was doing,I get a full green screen that I could not see what he as doing or what he got into for about 2 minutes..To make it short, I end up losing several softwares and programs  that I paid over $4000 for Internet Marketing and I could not get them back unless I paid for licenses again..LEARNED MY LESSON WELL NOW after this second HP..NEVER  EVER BUY HP AGAIN..How can HP rip people off of their money and get away with it whithout legimate C/S is beyond me and 10,000's of others..It's Paying to talk to C/S and having to pay to help after spending all that good hard earned dollar for PC that would mess up right after the warrantee goes out...SHAME ON HP..

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation