Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion HPE h8-1214
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am wondering if you guys (HP) make any UEFI for the Pavilion HPE h8-1214.

I am also wondering what kind of after market power supply unit will fit in there so I can have a better video card that requires a PCI-E power connection.

This will be very helpful, Thanks 🙏.

Droem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Droem, welcome to the forum.

This is a peer to peer help forum. The only presence that HP has on it are the Admins and the Mods. Otherwise, none of us works for HP.

HP doesn't have a BIOS update for the computer that will upgrade it to UEFI.  They didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012 when they began using Win 8.

Any standard ATX power supply unit (PSU) will work in your computer.  I always suggest that members measure the existing PSU and compare those measurements to the one that they choose just to be certain.  As for video cards, your best option would be to choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your system.  The choices will be limited, however.  EVGA's Techs have always been extremely helpful.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Droem, welcome to the forum.

This is a peer to peer help forum. The only presence that HP has on it are the Admins and the Mods. Otherwise, none of us works for HP.

HP doesn't have a BIOS update for the computer that will upgrade it to UEFI.  They didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012 when they began using Win 8.

Any standard ATX power supply unit (PSU) will work in your computer.  I always suggest that members measure the existing PSU and compare those measurements to the one that they choose just to be certain.  As for video cards, your best option would be to choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your system.  The choices will be limited, however.  EVGA's Techs have always been extremely helpful.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

I also have another question. There are two slots at the bottom of the back of the case on the motherboard does not reach that far. What are those slots for?

Droem
HP Recommended

I am not certain about the slots.  If you could provide a photo it would help.

HP Recommended

Those SlotsThose Slots

Droem
HP Recommended

Those SlotsThose SlotsThose ones at the bottom.

Droem
HP Recommended

@Droem,

If your asking about the area to the left and below the rear case fan, it has no functional purpose for your unit.  In the more advanced chassis, that rear plate would be replaced with water pump/fan kit for the CPU.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you, I was just curious about those blanks.

—Case Closed—

Droem
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.