Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP-PAVILION-500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to update the Windows 10 version from 1803 to 1903. Microsoft is telling me the BIOS on my HP-Pavilion-500 machine needs to be updated. The BIOS version on the machine is AMI 80.23 dated 7/6/2016.

I am trying to use HP Support Assistant to update the BIOS.

However, HP Support Assistant DOES NOT show BIOS as one of the updates available.

It shows 3 updates available. They are:

Broadcom Bluetooth Driver for Windows 10.

Intel Management Engine Interface Driver

Realtek USN Card Reader

How do I go about updating Windows 10 to 1903 on this machine?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi
Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the instructions.

Here is the info:

System Name    HP-PAVILION-500

System Manufacturer    Hewlett-Packard

System Model   500-205t

OS Name             Microsoft Windows 10 Home version 1803

System SKU        F9A61AV#ABA

BIOS Version/Date          AMI 80.23, 7/6/2016

HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-500-200-desktop-pc-series/5399647/model/6667344/doc...

Unfortunately I cannot find a later BIOS for your SSID: 2AF7 Main Board.

HP Recommended

Thanks for checking for the the new BIOS for this model.

Does this mean I would have to scrap this machine if HP does not come out with a new BIOS for this model and Microsoft stops supporting Windows 10 version 1803?

I keep getting messages from Microsoft saying support for Windows 10 version 1803 will end sometime in November this year.

HP Recommended

It is possible to get a copy of W10 1809 from here

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

quire a few links to follow and a sponsor pop up box, but maybe worth trying.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link to Windows 10 version 1809.

I suppose upgrading to the 1900 series of Windows 10 would still not be possible until HP provides an updated BIOS for the Pavilion 500-205t.

HP Recommended

Who knows.

HP Recommended

Let me check with Microsoft and see what they have to say.

HP Recommended

Microsoft now tells me it is possible to do a custom installation of version 1903 after partitioning the disk. The disadvantage is all applications have to be re-installed. I have not tried the custom installation yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.