Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vpiPhillip
Level 2
15 7 1 3
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Uninstalling the "HID Compliant Touchscreen Driver" be Safely Uninstalled in Windows

HP Recommended

Hi Kevin.
Thank you for your advice and imput. I should have been more specific in my details. ( no mention of a cracked screen)

If a "Touchsmart" screen incurs damaged or becomes cracked, performing a clean installation or reset of Windows proves to be, at the least, frusting or nearly next to impossible. (depending on the severty of the damage)

When having the need to reset or reinstall Windows, the following ocurs each and everytime:

Upon completion of the "clean install" download from Windows, the installed digitizer board somehow senses the fracture(s), intern triggering the "Touchsmart" feature, resulting in ones ability to succesfully enter, for example, username or password information. (in my case, dots danced rapidly, sometimes seemingly at random, other times, following the general direction and length of the crack)

When my screen became damaged, I learned, through trial and error, that disabling or uninstalling the HID-compliant touchsmart driver in "Device Manager" was a tempory fix for very a permanent issue (the driver would re-install after every new reset) and that the physical removal of the digitizer board was my only "permanent" soultion. (untill I could afford the purchase price of a new bezel)

Yesterday I felt enough confidence in my ability (to remove digitizer board) After many deep breaths, I carefully disassembled my computer, without mishap, sucessfully reaching the digitizer board and removed it.

Once reassembled, I performed a "clean install" of Windows, experciencing absolutly no "dancing dots" or issues with entering my username/ password information. Removal of the Digitizer Board was the remedy to my issue!!!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation