Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TG01-0100a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used the HP Support assistant and downloaded update drivers, now I'm getting a lot of software issues with my new computer. Google Chrome is giving me errors on random pages (STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR), Discord crashes and restarts when I use my scroll wheel inside a server's channel tab and McAfee won't open (giving me a flashing wheel on my mouse icon when I try). I have un-installed and re-installed all three pieces of software and nothing was fixed.

The update drivers I downloaded are the following:

* Realtek Bluetooth Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows

* Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver

* Realtek RTL8xxx Series Wireless LAN Drivers for Microsoft Windows 10 (DCHU)

* Intel Chipset Insrallation Utility and Driver

* Realtek Local Area Network (LAN)

I don't see an option anywhere in the Support Assistant to roll back the drivers to where they were working and my Google-fu has come up lacking as well. Can anyone help me please?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
It may have nothing to do with it.
but you can remove a device driver completely, and windows should reinstall the previous version
In the device manager click on the driver to delete
choose the driver tab then uninstall a small window opens with a box, check "delete the driver for this device"

Annotation 2020-06-03 173006.png

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello there, HappyTimeHollis.

I think that the drivers have been corrupt. 

1. Try restarting your computer.

2. Re-launch the HP support assistant, and try again.
3. Do a system restore. (If you have created a restore point)

4. Try uninstall all drives and restart the computer. (I have done that. It may risking your computer to stop working I DO NOT RECCOMEND TRYING)

You don't need to update drives as that may cause problems. It is neccesery updating if there is an exclamation mark.

HP Recommended

@Prométhée wrote:

Hello
It may have nothing to do with it.
but you can remove a device driver completely, and windows should reinstall the previous version
In the device manager click on the driver to delete
choose the driver tab then uninstall a small window opens with a box, check "delete the driver for this device"

Annotation 2020-06-03 173006.png

Have you tried what I said, @Mugli123  have you made progress in your problem?

@HappyTimeHollis  Please wait for the return of the user, before giving different instructions, we do not know if what has been indicated has been done, and the result!
As I indicated, it is sometimes possible that this is pure chance!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I tried to help her and giving her my best solutuins. I don't need help with the computer I am trying to be as professional as you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.