Seast2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Updating Bios through powershell script

HP Recommended
HP 600 G3 Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

**Mod** If this is not the correct category please move to appropriate category.

Using a powershell script to update Bios.

Script is pointed to  machines to run remotely - will complete if I RDP into the workstation. However if I do not RDP in the machine the script completes quickly and nothing happens to the machine. Check the bios version right after and it's still the same BIOS version. Check the BIOS version on the machines I've RDPed into and it shows its the new version (which means it updated)

I go to the HPBiosupdrec64 log and I get this:

Warning |CHPBiosUpdateApp::CheckDriveSpace|EFI partition does not have enough drive space, needed: 18874368, available: 14783488

Why does it complete the update if I RDP into the machine?

How can I get around and or fix the 'partition does not have enough drive space'?

To note - out of the 6 I ran the script on, only one completed successfully with out me needing to RDP into the machine.

We have at least 100 machines that need a BIOS update.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation