Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop - 570-p072l
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OK im looking to add an M2 Ssd to my computer. Install guide recommends ensuring the computer bios is updated. Mine is F.03. Ive tried using HP support assistant but it always fails to "analyse the system" and therefore provides no updates. If i go to the HP downloads site it shows 3 available - F.35, F.29 and F.27. Which of these do i use or how can i get HPSA to work? Ive tried reinstalling - still same result.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The correct BIOS update for your PC is at this (Link).

You probably don't need this update to install a M.2 SSD.

Be patient when doing this update. Don't shut down your PC or the update may fail.

A bad BIOS update may require HP factory service to fix.

Make sure you buy a PCIe NVME M.2 drive for the M.2 socket on your PC. SATA M.2 drives usually don't work on HP consumer PCs.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The correct BIOS update for your PC is at this (Link).

You probably don't need this update to install a M.2 SSD.

Be patient when doing this update. Don't shut down your PC or the update may fail.

A bad BIOS update may require HP factory service to fix.

Make sure you buy a PCIe NVME M.2 drive for the M.2 socket on your PC. SATA M.2 drives usually don't work on HP consumer PCs.

Regards

HP Recommended

Many thanks Grzwacz. I have updated the BIOS. Have you any idea what would be wrong with the HPSA? Its not important i know but it kind of bugs me that it doesn't work. 

Interesting what you say about the M2. I was looking for a PCIe NVME M.2 because of the increased speeds.  This confused me a little when i read it .https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-570-p078a-M-2-SSD-Upgr...

Do you know if there is a limit on the size drive the MOBO will accept? Ive read there is a limit of 250GB

HP Recommended

Hi Warrima,

You're very welcome.

Most HP consumer PCs support a 2280 drive, 22 mm by 80 mm. The length of the drive is the determining factor.

A 80 mm drive is about 3.15 inches in length. You can verify by measuring from the M.2 socket to the last MB mounting point.

Your PC should accept any 2280 PCIe NVME drive you can find in the retail channel (256 GB, 512 GB, or 1 TB and higher). I think the maximum for a 2280 drive is about 2 TB.

Thanks for the Forum link. Th error code in this link suggests the new drive was failing.

You should start a new thread to solve the HPSA problem. Have you tried installing the latest version (Link)?

I don't use HPSA as there have been cases where a HPSA BIOS update breaks some PCs requiring HP factory service or HPSA suggests incorrect BIOS version updates.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.