Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
T530 2DH81AT
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

I have a Windows 10 thinclient, model T530, product code 2DH81AT.

I'm trying to update the image to the latest version. I downloaded the latest one here: https://support.hp.com/nl-nl/drivers/selfservice/hp-t530-thin-client-series/16612050/model/16612051?...

I don't know what I need to do after this. If I run the executable on my workstation it places an .msi file in C:\SWSetup. If I run that MSI, it will run something and then asks me to hit finish, but nothing else happens. I've installed HP Thinupdate on my workstation and if I run this the latest image for a T530 I can get is one from september 2017, while the one I downloaded from the page linked above is dated 27 june 2018.

I tried putting the .exe and the .msi on the USB flashdrive and insert that in the thinclient but nothing happens and if I try to run either files it will just prompt me that there's not enough storage on the thinclient.

The way I think this should work is I insert an empty flashdrive in my workstation, run the .exe and it will write the image to the flashdrive and make it bootable so I can boot the thinclient from it and write the image to the thinclient. But how?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.