Irishtexnyc
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Uploading photos from Smart Phone

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-p010 All-in-One Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I Have  an HP Pavilion 23-p010 All-in-One Desktop PC. Can I upload photos from my Smart phone? I operate  on Microsoft 8.

I would appeciate any help you can provide.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,786 92,664 11,997 25,578
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Irishtexnyc

I don't know what is your smart phone but on many smart phones you can use USB port on your computer to upload

(a) Use charging cable for your smart phone and plug it to USB port on your computer,

(b) Open File Explorer on your computer, you can see all photos in Gallery or DCIM folder,

Note: You have to allow computer to access folders on your phone

Now you can copy or move all photos from your phone to your computer. The following image shows one example

a5.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Irishtexnyc
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Continuation of prior question .....

I should have mentioned that the USB ports on the PC are larger than my phone cable.

0 Kudos
AmpLighter
Level 5
224 211 8 43
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unless your smart phone has the standard size USB cable attached to both ends of the cable, which is highly unlikely, there should be this setup. One end is the standard size USB  while the other end of the power/charging  cable is the smaller or mini USB connector. Either way, the larger USB would plug into your computer while the smaller USB would connect to your phone.

In other words, you would need this type of cable setup: USB-A to Micro B 2.0 Cable - 5-Pin, 28/28AWG

Once connected located the smart phone or devices within the windows list as shown above. The name of the smart device could be a group or set of numbers & letters based on the phones identification. Or in some cases, if you've given you device a name, this assigned  name would show up in the windows side bar as shown above.

The only other alterive, is to email the photos to yourself then open the email services via your computer, download all images to the hard Drive etc.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation