Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A month or two ago, I purchased an HP Pavilion x360 laptop and a Wacom Bamboo Ink Pen. Since then, I've been using the two together both frequently and with ease, not really having any issues other than a lack of pressure sensitivity, which was to be expected. However, recently, I've come across a problem of my screen not registering the pen. Pressing the pen's top button still opens Windows Ink Workspace and it turns on and off without any issue or delay, so I have a hard time believing the battery is the problem. The button is still fully functional, but it will not move my cursor or register on my screen. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For anyone facing a similar issue:

HP was unable to help solve the issue, but Wacom support informed me of a solution that worked! For anyone with the same or similar products, the two items I listed were labeled as compatible by Wacom, which is clear by how well the two work together. Wacom support instructed me of the solution of holding down both of the stylus' side buttons for two seconds to switch between modes of compatibility ("Wacom AES mode" indicated by one blink of a blue LED light behind the two side buttons, and "Microsoft Pen Protocol" indicated by two blinks). Just switching from the default compatibility setting of Wacom AES mode to Microsoft Pen Protocol fixed it instantaneously; I'm back to having no issue with my screen registering the nib and the pen is still in great condition. Good luck to anyone else with these products and problems!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@heathrann

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand you stylus isn't registering or working with the touch anymore,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: Click here 
    • (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
  • When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Did you check if the stylus works on the BIOS screen?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here < All you need to know.

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help. The product number for my laptop displays as the following: 1KT49UA#ABA.

Before attempting to post anything online, something I don't usually prefer to do, I restarted my laptop three times, updated my laptop, restarted the pen twice, and tried to milk every available internet source about these two products, to no avail as to why they stopped working together. Since posting online, I've tried replacing the pen battery, leaving my laptop and pen off for long periods of time, and asking a few people I know in my day to day life, still without success of registering its nib but having no problem with the pen's button's functionality. It was working perfectly no more than four days ago from now, and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around why it suddenly stopped.

In the link you provided to a post about inaccurate or malfunctioning pens, there is a list linked about stylus compatibility; the stylus I've been using is not listed and the laptop I've been using seems to be marked as incompatible with the listed Wacom products, the brand of the pen I own (unless I am reading the list wrong, which is definitely a possibility). Apparently, they're incompatible and shouldn't work, but if that is the case, I have no explanation for the month of perfectly functional use.

Hope this helped. I'm at a loss. Thanks again. 🙂

HP Recommended

@heathrann

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

It's great to have you back 😉

I've gone through the same and incompatible devices may work at times,

it seems to have done the same in your case, that said, there's nothing much I can do to help now, however, I can only request that you check if the parts are compatible before purchasing them in the future.

That said, I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Could that be the only explanation? It still connects smoothly through bluetooth and the button is fully operational; it also worked wonderfully for a good amount of time. When I purchased the laptop and pen- from a normal, chain electronics store- they were advertised as compatible with each other, and it would be really disappointing to find out I was lied to? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh, well. I know there’s probably not much to be done, so thank you anyway.
HP Recommended

@heathrann

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP was unable to help solve the issue, but Wacom support informed me of a solution that worked! For anyone with the same or similar products, the two items I listed were labeled as compatible by Wacom, which is clear by how well the two work together. Wacom support instructed me of the solution of holding down both of the stylus' side buttons for two seconds to switch between modes of compatibility ("Wacom AES mode" indicated by one blink of a blue LED light behind the two side buttons, and "Microsoft Pen Protocol" indicated by two blinks). Just switching from the default compatibility setting of Wacom AES mode to Microsoft Pen Protocol fixed it instantaneously; I'm back to having no issue with my screen registering the nib and the pen is still in great condition. Good luck to anyone else with these products and problems!

HP Recommended

@heathrann,

I am glad you found a solution to it. Thanks for sharing the information in the community.

Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. I almost returned the Bamboo ink because HP said it wasn’t compatible!

Thanks for the Fix!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.