06-01-2019 03:32 PM
Hello I Have Been Looking For A Wallpaper For A Pavilion 500 Computer But After I Upgraded To Windows 10 The Wallpapers Seem To Be Gone. I Was Wondering If There Is Anyway To Recover These Wallpapers, Or If There Is A Way To Find Copies Somewhere.
06-03-2019 06:37 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, let's Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install. and check for the wallpapers.
And, also follow this method: ( Suggested by Microsoft )
1. Type: Control Panel in Search > Click Control Panel and select Personalization.
2. Click Desktop Background to open the Settings window.
3. Click Browse under Choose your picture > Browse to find your previously saved wallpaper.
4. Click Choose picture and then Windows will automatically set the selected picture as the background again.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee