2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Webcam not responding to Skype

HP Recommended
HP Webcam HD2300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought January 2016 along with new Slimline 450 Desktop, when Skype was set up for me and camera worked, but now I want to use Skype, although when I switch the PC on a light briefly shows, when I click onSkype nothing happens.  I'm really not PC literate, so at nearly 80 if anything goes wrong I have to pay about £25 to get someone to come to my home to  sort things out, so hope there is a simple way to sort this.  I have Automatic Updates for Windows 10.  The only answers I could find on here were from 2014 so thought things may have changed since then.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,666 12,443 1,306 4,291
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @jennywren1

Could you clarify your statement please? Are you saying when the computer was first setup in January, the camera worked but now it doesn't?

In Windows 10, go to Start, Camera and click on it.

Does the camera work in the Windows 10 viewer?

Also, are you using the Skype Windows App or the Skype desktop version?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,666 12,443 1,306 4,291
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @jennywren1

Could you clarify your statement please? Are you saying when the computer was first setup in January, the camera worked but now it doesn't?

In Windows 10, go to Start, Camera and click on it.

Does the camera work in the Windows 10 viewer?

Also, are you using the Skype Windows App or the Skype desktop version?

View solution in original post

jennywren1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So simple when you know how!  Working now, not using an app.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation