Did you mean: 
VictoriaAnn
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Websites Popping Up

HP Recommended
Chrome OS

Hi, ever since I tried playing a game on my laptop random games and websites will pop up. Also, when I try to watch YouTube it says 'Click to enable video converter' I am scared that it's a fake website. I tried restarting my laptop, clearing history and cookies all that. How do I get ride of this?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Archana_C
Level 4
Level 4
63 63 6 16
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi . Run a scan using a recommended Virus scan like Mcafee /norton . If there is nothing important on the your system and if the problem is really bothering you a lot, you may restore the system to factory settings . 

VictoriaAnn
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you so much I'll try it out!
0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Operating System: Chrome OS

I'm guessing that you are running the Chrome web-browser on your Chrome Operating System.

Within the web-browser, access its "settings", and look for "extensions" and for "add-ons".

Remove (or "disable") them all, and restart your web-browser, and see if this has helped.

0 Kudos
Transfluecent
Level 2
17 15 0 5
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi it may be that u have an virus and an malware. Try installing Malwarebytes and Zemana antimalware and avira

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>> Run a scan using a recommended Virus scan like Mcafee /norton .

>  Try installing Malwarebytes and Zemana antimalware and Avira.

The author of the question is running "Chrome OS".

I did an online-chat with Malwarebytes, and they do not offer their software for Chrome OS.

From: https://www.zemana.com/Download    --- they do not support "Chrome OS".

Similarly, AVIRA has nothing.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation