Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am not sure where to put this question.   I  tired to find some place to ask in on the HP site, but could not.  I am looking at deskops for  purchase in the future, not right now

I need pre-sales information..  My hp desktop is almost 10 years old and will likely have to replaced sometime in the near future.  I want to do some research ahead of time, but can not find  how to get questions answered.  I am not currently ready to buy  And can find no place on the web site to ask product quesions-   for the US region.. 

My question right now:  If you get  a computer with   both a SSD and a HDD, what software comes loaded on each drive?,  I am not asking for a detailed list but in general.   I assume  that Windows will be on the SSD, what about  any included software like  Office etc.

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask.  But I am becoming very frustrated in trying to find information. I seem to remember  support being much more user friendly when I bought my current computer.  Would appreciate it, f any one can answer my question and/or tell me how to get to the right place on the website to ask- chat/email or whatever.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@fay47 wrote:

... My question right now:  If you get  a computer with   both a SSD and a HDD, what software comes loaded on each drive?,  I am not asking for a detailed list but in general.   I assume  that Windows will be on the SSD, what about  any included software like  Office etc.

@fay47 

The common practice is : a machine with pre-installed BOTH SSD (any form) and normal HDD, Windows and other applications (Apps) / Programs will reside on drive C: which is on SSD.

All vendors, including HP, will do the same, no point to have SSD then install OS and apps on HDD.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@fay47 wrote:

... My question right now:  If you get  a computer with   both a SSD and a HDD, what software comes loaded on each drive?,  I am not asking for a detailed list but in general.   I assume  that Windows will be on the SSD, what about  any included software like  Office etc.

@fay47 

The common practice is : a machine with pre-installed BOTH SSD (any form) and normal HDD, Windows and other applications (Apps) / Programs will reside on drive C: which is on SSD.

All vendors, including HP, will do the same, no point to have SSD then install OS and apps on HDD.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I thought that might be the case, but have been taught not to "assume"  anything.   Thanks

HP Recommended

@fay47 

I would also like to add that, until recently, I advise folks to avoid using Migration software, to migrate their Win7 PC stuff to their new Win10 PC, because I found those apps to be unreliable.

But then very recently, I had occasion to use the latest version of EaseUS ToDo PC Transfer to migrate and old HP Multimedia Center desktop to a new HP Elitedesk -- and was pleasantly surprised to have it work without any issues.  I did go online ahead of time and download Win10 versions of all the apps, but I was able to update them after the migration and now, everything works great!

So, you might want to go to their site and check this out if you want to migrate your Win7 stuff to your new Win10 PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.