3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Why Default.migrated Oct30,2015 file on a new (2016) W10-64 bit Envy

HP Recommended
Envy 750-109
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought PC at Staples Aug 2016 and cleaning out superfluous files.

How can a factory W110-64 PC have a Default.migrated Oct30,2015 file (per Google to upgrade from W7) on the C: drive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,636 32,536 2,958 7,267
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Stourbridge 

I can guess -- and it sounds like your PC was originally an older OS and it was Upgraded to Win10 -- and then Staples sold it.

But ... that is only a guess ... as we have no possible way of finding out WHAT Staples did to your PC prior to the sale.

There is really now way, at this date, of determining what Staples actually did to that PC before you bought it.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,636 32,536 2,958 7,267
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Stourbridge 

I can guess -- and it sounds like your PC was originally an older OS and it was Upgraded to Win10 -- and then Staples sold it.

But ... that is only a guess ... as we have no possible way of finding out WHAT Staples did to your PC prior to the sale.

There is really now way, at this date, of determining what Staples actually did to that PC before you bought it.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Stourbridge
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WAWood

Yes, thank you. That was my initial thought until I checked out the HP page which states that the 750-109 is a W10-64bit machine.

This was a floor model, running a demo program, and I couldn't take it with me until that program was removed the next day,

0 Kudos
Stourbridge
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WAWod

Yes, thank you. That was my thought after Googling  for Default.migrated.

My question arose when I saw on the HP site that the Envy 75-109 is a native W10-64bit machine.

It was a floor model running a Demo (could have run on W7) and they had to remove it and put the regular program back the next day.

No complaints about Staples as I then bought an SSD drive and asked them to put the program on it.

Next day they had also put the recovery program on an SSD stick and attached it to the back with a key ring.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation