Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There isn't a proper topic to build from. So, in a nutshell. I have anywhere from 6 to 8 devices registered on HP Support. Phasing older pc's out and adding new laptops etc. The primary email assigned to my account for the better part of 15 years was a small mom and pop ISP service. It launched my life into the www. For the past couple years it had become a backup site to store emails. When I recently tried to log into my webmail account to learn mom and pop were no longer in business and the small local provider no longer supported my old email address. (bummer) If any of you have tried to log out and back into the machine known as HP, perhaps you know that it chooses for you to send a verification email to the known address and the only way to evidently verify my existence is to retrieve said email.............please tell me someone is seeing the dark hole this is headed too!

After trying to retrieve any kind of information about mom and pop and reading all the "how to change your email blogs at HP support searches. I found nobody had actually identified how to manage this glitch. By default, the explanations are all the same...follow the prompts, send yourself the email to verify and once logged in, settings, edit, yadda yadda AYFKM. So when one cannot gain access to the code to verify from an email that is no longer accessible, how then does change email for dummies supposed to access his previous accounts settings and edit, change, save???

Well here is what I had been forced to do by the machine known as HP. create a new account, acknowledge that, yes that is correct, a new account with the same name, address, phone number and guess what, I am going to add all the devices into the newly formed account..with the exact same serial numbers and model numbers. I can only hope the duplicate input of such benign data might bring the machine known as HP and their iconic virtual agent crashing to their cyber virtual knees. Forget that I have to update each device to activate the HP Support and its plethora of redundant and error messages when they can't seem to recognize I am the same person accessing my account from multiple locations on different devices.

I have to confess, Microsoft used to drive me [edit] like this, then one day I downloaded "authenticator" and the www is a happier place for it.

sick and tired of being sick and tired of HP

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Catchn20two,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

that is no solution, let me tell you what it took. starting over. eliminating the original email address Ive used forever and re-registered the laptops and desktops. you know what else. HP appears to give no **bleep**. why would they.

slowly I have been migrating more devices to mac, using an android and Iphone every day, and a pc and macbook everyday. keeping up with the Jones so to speak.

who needs hp support..and as far as the trusting public..**bleep**

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.