Level 2
40 14 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

burning a dvd using inbuilt drive and playing dvd in the same drive

HP Recommended
elite 8000 cmt
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I burned 2 dvds using wondershare dvd creator and the MS DVD BURNER built into win7. Both burned the dvd correctly using a +RW media. Neither will play in the same writer/reader drive. In both cases the the burned dvd will NOT play. The BURN dialog appeares as opposed to the AUTO PLAY dialog. solution please? I am making the dvds for someone else. I have no idea if these will play in his computer or his desktop. If they play in mine they should play in his. I have no idea what to do. 

As an aside not all videos recorded using VLC or other recorders are dtected by the MS DVD MAKER. However DVD CREATOR DOES find them in EXPLORER. Why I have no idea. I am more interested in fetting my burned dvds to play in the same drive.

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,143 94,013 12,182 25,958
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rtrgoo

>>>  both burned the dvd correctly using a +RW media

Are they standard DVD movies with proper structure or just video files. Please try 

(a) Close the nurning session properly then try again.

or

(b) Do NOT use +RW media, only use normal blank DVD's. +RW DVD's may play on your computer but may NOT play on his.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation