Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP compaq elite 8200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
plug in wont install on my computer
Product Name: HP Compaq elite 8200 computer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,   I have a Hp Compaq elite  with windows 7 professional,   I am trying to take an employment test online,  the company sent me a link to access the program to complete the test,  but i have to download a PLUG IN in order to log on.

About 1/2 way through the download an error window popped up  which said the plug in failed tp install,    

I hope that someone can give me an idea what i can do so I can install the link.

Thanks       Beep01

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Beep01

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but we do not have the resources here to debug problems with third-party plugins.

Since these can be browser-specific (meaning, there are different versions for different browsers), my suggestion would be to try a different browser to see if the plug in works there.

If that does not work, you would need to contact the company to get their assistance.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Beep01

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but we do not have the resources here to debug problems with third-party plugins.

Since these can be browser-specific (meaning, there are different versions for different browsers), my suggestion would be to try a different browser to see if the plug in works there.

If that does not work, you would need to contact the company to get their assistance.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks I will try your recommendation.

Beep01

HP Recommended

Thanks for the resolution to my question,   Many Thanks

I send at least " 5  '   kudos

Beep01

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.