Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet2540AIO
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

cannot install HP doctor says its already there tried uninstall and reinstall still not there please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Alan61, Thanks for your response again.

I understand your concern and the frustration you are going through.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

You can try few steps recommended below as a last resort and check if it helps.

Try creating a new user account on your PC and install the printer software again.

Also, uninstall the printer software from the root level and install the basic printer drivers.

Update the printer software using this link. Click Here

Lastly, try updating the printer firmware.

Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here 

Refer this article to further troubleshoot printer assistant issues. Click Here

Please mark my post as accepted solution if you feel I have answered your query.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Alan61, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues installing HP print and scan doctor on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your printer or PC?

As you mentioned you have issues installing HP print and scan doctor on your PC.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

Please try few steps recommended below.

First, to close your other instance of the Print and Scan Doctor:
Close all other programs you have open.
Press Ctrl, Alt, and Del on your keyboard at the same time.
Click on Start Task Manager.
Click on the Applications tab.
Click on the Print and Scan Doctor listed.
Click on End Task.
If you are still unable to open the Print and Scan Doctor, click on the Processes tab and do the same with anything that has HP in the name.

This should allow you to run the Print and Scan Doctor and resolve your issues.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try uninstalling the print and scan doctor from your PC and install the latest version of print and scan doctor and check if it helps.

Install the latest version of PSDR 5.0.2 using this link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Update the full feature printer software using this link: Click here to download.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark an accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still no good can't get print assistant or scan Doc also don't get usb or network connection page although the printer does work but can't check ink levels,,deleted every HP programme before reinstall.

HP Recommended

@Alan61, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Try creating a user account on your PC and install the print and scan doctor on your PC and check if it helps.

Try the steps recommended below.

First, to close your other instance of the Print and Scan Doctor:
Close all other programs you have open.
Press Ctrl, Alt, and Del on your keyboard at the same time.
Click on Start Task Manager.
Click on the Applications tab.
Click on the Print and Scan Doctor listed.
Click on End Task.
If you are still unable to open the Print and Scan Doctor, click on the Processes tab and do the same with anything that has HP in the name.

This should allow you to run the Print and Scan Doctor and resolve your issues.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try uninstalling the print and scan doctor from your PC and install the latest version of print and scan doctor and check if it helps.

Install the latest version of PSDR 5.0.2 using this link.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

1. In Windows 10, right-click the start button and select ‘Computer Management’. Another way to get to this is by right-clicking on the ‘This PC’ icon (or ‘My Computer’ in earlier versions of Windows).
  2. Once Computer Management pops open, select ‘Services and Applications’ then ‘Services’.
  3. Scroll down the list and click on ‘Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)’. Double click on it to open a pane containing several tabs to open the ‘Properties’ menu.
  4. Select the ‘General’ tab and ensure the ‘Startup Type’ is set to ‘Automatic’.
  5. Select the ‘Recovery’ tab.
  6. Set the ‘First Failure’, ‘Second failure’, and ‘Subsequent failure’ pulldowns to 
    ‘Restart the Service’.
  7. After making the above changes, hit ‘Okay’ then close the ‘Computer Management’ window; the settings are saved. Now for an experiment...
  8. Turn off your printer. This will remove communication to the computer.
  9. Launch any scanner software, either Microsoft Scanner or HP CLJM. The scanner should show a communication failure.
  10. Turn the printer back on, let it fully initialize, and it should now communicate.

Please mark my post as accepted solution if you feel I have answered your query.

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Print Doc.now working due to latest software can you now help with print asst.

HP Recommended

@Alan61, Thanks for your quick response again.

I'm glad to know the print and scan doctor is working now but you have issues using the printer assistant.

Don't worry try the steps recommended below to solve printer assistant issues.

Uninstall the printer software from the root level and install the full feature printer software.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features. 
Select your HP printer. 
Select Uninstall. 
In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers. 
In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.” 
Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. 
Type printui.exe /s and click OK. 
Click on Drivers tab. 
Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom. 
Select OK. 
Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows. 
Close Devices and Printers. 

Update the full feature printer software using this link.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark an accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for all your suggestions they have not worked please do not send any more i am at my wits end and am giving upthe HP software is utter crap you tried i tried its just hopeless but thanks any way its not your fault yours Alan 61

HP Recommended

@Alan61, Thanks for your response again.

I understand your concern and the frustration you are going through.

You can try few steps recommended below as a last resort and check if it helps.

Try creating a new user account on your PC and install the printer software again.

Also, uninstall the printer software from the root level and install the basic printer drivers.

Update the printer software using this link. Click Here

Lastly, try updating the printer firmware.

Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here 

Refer this article to further troubleshoot printer assistant issues. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.