Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meenie50
Level 3
36 23 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

copy and paste function in Win10 desktop computer not working properly (not touchscreen)

HP Recommended

When I copy something and then go to paste it, I get something I had copied before instead of the item I just copied. 
Sometimes I have to copy it 2 or 3 times to get it to work properly. What's going on? 
This was working fine, the problem started recently. 

You can find my books at author.to/SusanHawthorne
2 REPLIES 2
Meenie50
Author
Level 3
36 23 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No one else knows either, huh? <sigh> I did search on it and discovered that a lot of other people are having the same problem 

You can find my books at author.to/SusanHawthorne
0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 7,683 427 603
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Meenie50,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with the copy paste function wherein you need to copy 2 to 3 times in order to paste the document.

Let us know if it occurs with all application or only one particular one.

You may try creating a new user account and check from the link: Managing User Accounts and Logins (Windows 10)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation