Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion gaming hp 15 cx0002nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hey guys, i have bought my hp gaming laptop and i thought its good in cooling system but its not..while playing games it heats and the fans have a very high loud which making me annoyed also when i open my task i see 80 background processes are running and sometimes they up to 100 or more, also 100 windows processes is that normal?? this fan is very annoying when its running..please i need anyone help me to fix this problem or someone can contact with me and check my pc via teamviewer or something else maybe some drivers are missing..hope someone help me , thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Laptops with higher end processors and Nvidia graphics are going to run hot when you play AAA games. You have a i7-8750H and a Nvidia 1050 Ti.

The fans have to kick in to keep components cool. The CPU and GPU are making a lot of heat when you game. The fans have to move the heat out of the chassis.

The amount of processes running may not correlate to high fan speeds.

I have a Desktop PC that typically has about 170+ processes running. It runs very cool and quiet when I game. It has CPU liquid cooling, multiple 140 mm fans, and good chassis airflow.

Higher component temps and loud fans to keep temps under control may be one disadvantage when using a Laptop for extreme gaming.

Sorry, I see the possible heat/noise problem as an inherent design limitation in many (not all) high end Laptops.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.