Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hp envy 5530 printer. control panel message:- driver unavailable Needs troubleshooting.

Tried downloading driver from hp website but comes up as failed. Tried several times, no joy.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Sandy102

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the driver unavailable.

Don't worry, I'm here to help. 

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 HP Print and Scan Doctor -

Click on this link to download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor

Step 2 Re-install the printer drivers -

1) In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program". 
2) Look for HP Printer software. 
3) Right-click to uninstall. 
4) In the search box, type 
and open “Devices and printers”. 
5) In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”. 
6) Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.  
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”). 
8) Click on the "Drivers" tab. 
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom. 
10) Select Ok. 
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows. 
12) Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed. 
13) Restart the computer. 
14) Download and install the software and drivers from here.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried both solutions but no joy. Still coming up with:- driver unavailable. Needs troubleshooting.

when I look in programme filels there is no envy 5530 software. There are all the files for Photosmart C4500 printer that I also

have.

HP Recommended

@Sandy102

Thanks for trying. 

Please try installing the built-in driver. Refer to this document for steps.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

still no joy.

tried to load using HP Scan doctor 5.1

ended up with the following message:-

Call to DriverPackageInstall returned error 536870141 for package

'C:\Program Files\HP\HP ENVY 5530

series \Driver Store\NGScanDriver\HPWia_EN5530.INF'

HP Recommended

@Sandy102

It looks like you were interacting with @asmita6658, but she is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

Did you perform the uninstall and reinstall as instructed in the previous post?

If the issue persists, please create a New User Account, Log into the Account and then perform the Uninstall and Reinstall again

• Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other users > Add someone else to this PC. (Depending on your edition of Windows 10, you may see Other users instead of Family & other users.)

• At the bottom of the page, select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information, and at the bottom of the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select NextNote: If you’re using Windows 10, version 1803 and later, you can add security questions—instead of a hint—to your local account to help you reset your password in case you forget it. 

• To make the new account an administrator account, select Start  > Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other users (or Other users, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise), and select Change account type. Under Account type, select Administrator > OK. Restart your device and sign in with the new administrator account. 

1) In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program". 
2) Look for HP Printer software. 
3) Right-click to uninstall. 
4) In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”. 
5) In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”. 
6) Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.  
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”). 
8) Click on the "Drivers" tab. 
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom. 
10) Select Ok. 
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows. 
12) Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed. 
13) Restart the computer. 
14) Download and install the software and drivers from here.

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

there is no software in computer files to delete, I deleted printer and did as your instructions but still no success.

I am on windows 8.1not 10 by the way.

HP Recommended

@Sandy102

Thanks for getting back to us. Were you able to create a new account? 

If you did, please try installing the printer driver.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I created a new account. tried to downlod drivers but failed again.

HP Recommended

@Sandy102

Thanks for replying. I'd suggest you contact the Phone Support team in your region.   I have sent you a Private Message with the details.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Have a good day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.