Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm looking for Windows 98 device drivers for a HP pavilion 8500 desktop pc. I'm also looking for parts as well. Since HP doesn't support Pavilion 8500 with Windows 98 device drivers and hardware partsI came here. I wanted a old gaming computer to play old dos based games. Yes I know about dosbox.  I bought a used hp pavilion 8500 desktop pc so I need the drivers for windows 98. One part is missing from the pc there is a cover that goes over the serial usb port. Here is a photo of the needed s-l1601.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SteveH4263,You really know how to challenge the volunteers....... wow !!!

After some lenghty research, I had a dilemma.  I could not find a comparison page ( CNET) on a plain version 8500 model series.  As you can see, that is quite a list of different models.  You might want to call them, and ask for the complete Recovery Install set.  I looked at the 8560C, and it seemed questionably similiar.

HP PartSurfer      8500 series CTO (Customer defined) versus  8560C

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@SteveH4263,

Thanks for choosing HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I was going through your post and would like to help you. Thank you for sharing the issue details.

Need Compatible drivers for the PC. Is that right?

I found that the PC model you own has been classified as “Legacy” PC to which HP has stopped developing drivers or offer any hardware replacements.

I can only suggest you upgrade the PC to a new unit as finding drivers will cost you lot of time.

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

@SteveH4263,You really know how to challenge the volunteers....... wow !!!

After some lenghty research, I had a dilemma.  I could not find a comparison page ( CNET) on a plain version 8500 model series.  As you can see, that is quite a list of different models.  You might want to call them, and ask for the complete Recovery Install set.  I looked at the 8560C, and it seemed questionably similiar.

HP PartSurfer      8500 series CTO (Customer defined) versus  8560C

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.