Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy desktop 750-514
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i want to overburn some cds can this cd/dvd do it

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@grayprix,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you want to know whether the DVD drive on your computer rewrite DVDs.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

I checked the specifications your DVD drive and it can rewrite the DVDs.

Below are the read/write speeds.

Hope that answers your question.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@grayprix

Depends on what YOU mean by "overburn" -- as this has different interpretations.

The most common one is to write more data to the disk than it can normally handle, such as writing 750MB ton a 700MB disk, or writing 700MB to a 650MB disk.

Success in this varies greatly by the brand of media being used, as some handle this, and others don't.

There is no way that we here can predict the success of you doing this.

Others interpret this as meaning writing on top of an already used disk, as in "rewriting" it -- and all optical drives of recent years support the RW mode needed for this.  But then, you need RW disks to do this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.