Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (168 Views)

memory card reader

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Touchsmart IQ 524
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello I have a IQ 524 Touchsmart all in one. It came with Windows XP and I've upgraded to windows 7 Professional from my tech guy.

My memory card reader is not working.

Could someone please help me with this.

Thanking you in advance 

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 4 (143 Views)

Re: memory card reader

Hi there @LadyDynaballs,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I understand that you are having issues with your memory card reader after upgrading to Windows 7. I am happy to help with this.

Does the card reader show up at all in Device Manager? For now try this: HP Desktop PCs - Using and Troubleshooting Memory Card Readers (Windows 7).

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (138 Views)

No it does nopt show up at all. I'm sad to say

Retired
Message 4 of 4 (129 Views)

When was the last time you used it prior to the Windows 7 upgrade?  did you have any issues with it before ?

In Device Manager, were there any unknown devices at all? If yes, then remove the entry. In either case, a removed unknown device or no card reader listed at all, you can try scanning for hardware changes to see if Device Manager then finds the card reader.

Also, you could use the HP Support Assistant to search for any available updated drivers, which may also help. HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Let me know if there is any change.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation