Did you mean: 
lilian77
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

my PC office has a corporate licensing type and cannot be activated

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - 750-420qe CTO

I recommend this PC to my friend last year for her art studio. She bascially never used the offcie suites as she typcially use it for drawing and graphical processing purpose,  until recently she was trying to launch the "Word"/"Excel" and then she got below wizard popped up saying "the copy of the offcie is desinaged for corporate or institutional customers..." what's that? she is still a consumer type why the company put this type of offcie license in the PC?

Please help us here. 

Regards

Lilianenvy office issue.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,635 1,773 5,013
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lilian77,

While there might be some confusion as to what she saw, the fact is the a comsumer PC bought with MS Office Suite installed is only a trial version. It usually expires in 30 days.  That said, let me offer a free solution. She can download Open Office from here.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
lilian77
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the feedback. we can live with the open office version for now, but are you saying that when she bought the workstation, the office SW is not included but just a trial version? if yes, the HP sales should mention that to us. we need the office for sure to be installed. and still confusing why the trail version is commercial one while we purchase the consumer PC...

0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,635 1,773 5,013
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lilian77,

I recommend you read the support page.   See "Included Software". No sense arguing it.  The HP Envy 750 series is not a "workstation".  It is a personal home computer desktop.  HP Workstation have a "Z" prefix, as shown here.  Not sure who misled your friend, but it's now over 30 days since purchase, and becomes a moot point. (Without debate, rendered useless to discuss).

Unless your friend actually purchased a license for an MS Office product,  only the free 30 day trial version is installed. 

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> we need the office for sure to be installed

The Other Person recommended the free(!) OpenOffice package.  It will work.

Also, some people consider the free(!) LibreOffice to be better than OpenOffice.

Short answer: uninstall Microsoft Office, and install either of these free(!) products.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation