Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

this morning i could  play my games fine i play the sims 4 but then it stops working all my sims games stop working sims 3 and sims 4. so i tred to find the answers online but couldnt so i reset my laptop now nothing installs i cant play the sims without origin can anyone please help me nothing i find online helps at all.  

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

" so i reset my laptop"

By what method?

Is a network failure a possibility, like the adapter, router or ISP?

HP Recommended

I don't think so google chrome installed but origin won't I tried a windows 10 update and redownload but those didn't work 

HP Recommended

@Hunter_83 wrote:

I don't think so google chrome installed but origin won't I tried a windows 10 update and redownload but those didn't work 

Which means what?

You have Windows !0 installed, also a browser (Chrome) and you have yet to test the ISP but because you have done a download this suggests the Internet connection is fine.

So back to the SimS games then.

HP Recommended

OK

Piriform Recuva may be able to find lost files.

Any email from the software supplier wth a licence, login or anything?

HP Recommended

So how do I do that

HP Recommended

Piriform Recuva may be able to find something.

Otherwis any email or licence or login or...

HP Recommended

Pretty basic really.

Download and install using the link, let it run.

HP Recommended

I'm I just doing the red or is it all of it just asking so I don't screw up my laptop

HP Recommended

Hi

I dont know what you had, or what is important to recover.

There is a normal and a DEEP option.

What is found and it's likelihood of Successful Recovery is a roll of the dice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.