Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy phoenx desktop 860-008
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every day i turn my pc on and with in 5 mins all freezes i cant do nothing..i have to click an hold power button to turn off an bk on again and works fine...at first i tho was my keyboard and mouse i tryed another one i have and day after same thing...ive tryed everything but still same...can anyone help me on this prob plz

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

I would suggest that the Fast Start Up is disabled.

PWR and LID.pngas appropriate.

Also try the F8 option of starting in Safe Mode and running some software diagnostics.

https://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/

HOW DO I USE DIAGNOSTICS?

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows is a Windows-based utility that allows you to run diagnostic tests to determine if the computer hardware is functioning properly. The tool runs within the Windows operating system in order to diagnose hardware failures. HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows comes pre-installed on new HP computers, but if not on yours, download here:

DOWNLOAD HP DIAGNOSTICS WINDOWS

Other possibilities are a BIOS setting issue (CMOS/RTC battery), or a driver that is 'dodgy'.

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

hi...i got it from very brand new with windows 10 

HP Recommended

So is Fast Start Up disabled?

Can you start it in Safe Mode?

How to Boot Into Safe Mode on Windows 10 or 8 (The Easy Way)

HP Recommended

hi lil_boy_blue....thankyou for HP DIAGNOSTICS WINDOWS am doing some test and so far my mouse pointer as failed 😞 keyboard and mouse i use is call of duty mw3 G105 and mouse it call of duty  G9x got these years ago for my older pc ya think could be them thats the prob and am looking to buy new ...would it be best to get hp make rather then logitect...am looking for a gaming keyboard and mouse 

HP Recommended

Hi

Whatever 3rd party hardware you get will need drivers, unless it is plain vanilla.

https://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/gaming-keyboard-g105/downloads#

https://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/laser-mouse-g9x/downloads#

You may that a re-install of drivers could sort out some of the problems.

HP Recommended

Hi little boy blue... I run the test all passed except mouse pointer failed... But for some reason the 1TB storage showed up now.. as I only had the 17GB where I couldnt store a lot on my pc... So fingers crossed might not freeze.. Will let you know tomorrow... Thank you so much with ur help... 

HP Recommended

Hi

Usually there a re 4 partitions, Boot,  C:\, d: and a RE partition.

AND Windows uses the small 17 gig area as the main area for updates etc, sometimes showing up as D:\ and it a fault/problem with the way Microsoft does updates.  Make a Recovery Media immediately.

Then try and stop Microsoft using that small recovery partition.

HP Recommended

how do i stop Microsoft using that small recovery partition...plus since i got local disk: D back i keep hearing a grinding sound coming from it....plus i've done a test on that hardware diagnostics it only goes to 20% then it cancel...ya think i might need a new 1TB driver? if so where best place to get one?

HP Recommended

Hi

First create a Backup and Recovery Media (16 GB USB flash drive).

Then re-run the diagnostics.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.