5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

no drivers for win 10

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6-2469eo desktop pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hej.

I am a dedicated user of hp.  As pc man  helping elder people, i do speak to hp every week. 

but this time it is my own pc.

feared a crypo locker attack. 

Wanted to start my pc from a cd with a scan program

This bios could not be moved into legacy   and my attempt to load on usb/floppy   never made it.

So I am now into my pc.   to make sure this dont happen again, i then want to upgrade my bios.

Which recently have saved some hp machines from the 1709 update problem.

but entering hp support for my pc     only gives me updates for 1in 8.1  32 and 64 bit. 

first time i have seen this limited choice.   Have you changed what we it people can help the ordinary customer wtih     

in this case my self.     bios in my case from 2015.   

I am pretty sure, that there would be newer versions   maybe even to win 10 

🙂

6 REPLIES 6
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,635 1,773 5,013
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@leifsund,

Please read this article.  Then prepare to do the new install.

Suggestion:  Your system would benefit from a new 1TB hard drive, as your system is vintage 2013. (edited)

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
leifsund
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hej hej

Did nt know that my system was that old

But if i swap my harddisk to a new one, that wont really help me with my bios problem. 

that would require a motherboard   or is there an easier way to solve this

🙂

0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@leifsund,

A Crypo Locker attacks the file base of the existing hard drive.  That is why I said a new drive.

" This bios could not be moved into legacy " ??  What were your intentions ???  THe BIOS (ver 😎 is linked to the original OS. Also, look at the BIOS options.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
leifsund
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hej hej

I got this with cryptolocker smashing the harddrive

figthing with a pc with cryptolocker in it

I formatted a usb stick and put it into my own pc in order to copy some decryptor file into the paralyzed pc

i then saw my own pc  suddenly moving slowly and changing format

so in order to boot up with a malware tool, i wanted to let the machine boot into the cd drive

but the bios, that i have on this machine    does not offer any other option than uefi     which is hard disk 

and 2 net things.      no usb or cd.

in other hp machines  there will be an option to go from uefi into legacy, where i then can allow cd drive to be first choice.

as my bios is pretty old, i then did go into the hp support for my pc

in here all my options were for windows 8.1 drivers   and the best chance was bios from 2015

And normally hp is pretty good at updating to the newest drivers.

So I was just surprised by my poor choice 

🙂

0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@leifsund,

You do not need Legacy.  Just change the boot sequence per the BIOS link I sent you.  It's under Storage, Boot order.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> entering hp support for my pc   only gives me updates for 1 in 8.1  32 and 64 bit. 

BIOS updates are BIOS updates, independent of whether the installed operating system is Linux or FreeDOS or Windows 7/8/10.

So, if your research about the updated BIOS justifies your decision to update the BIOS, then go ahead, and update.

It does not matter that your computer currently is running Windows 10.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation